We would like to introduce Chiangmai Zoo Aquarium that the first Aquarium Center in the Southeast Asian region with a large underwater tunnel andlongest in the world. It collectsthe freshwater fishes from the Meakhong River and the sea to be interdependent living. Chiangmai Zoo Aquarium is a new attraction, and is aquariums centers of Asia and the world in the future. The project area is 10Rai, and the area ofaquariumexhibition building is13,985 square meters. There is aunderwater tunnel in the building which is a freshwater and a sea tunnel and linked together by auto-walking way and is the longest in the world and total length is 133 meters. The sea tunnel length is 66.5 meters and the freshwater tunnel is 66.5 meters which is the longest in the world. The tunnel is made from clear acrylic which thickness is more than 2.5 inches and can get water pressure at a depth of 5 meters safely. There is exhibition of the aquatic species both the freshwater and sea animals more than 20,000fishes and exhibit more than 250 species of aquatic species. It exhibits the important of the aquatic species from the rain forests of the world both Asia and Amazon.
General Information about Chiang Mai Zoo Aquarium
- It is located on areas of 10 acres
- The area of exhibition building is 13,985 square meters.
- Chiangmai Zoo Aquarium is located 950 meters above sea level.
- It collectsthe freshwater and sea fish over 250 species and more than 25,000 fishes.
- There is the longest underwater tunnel in the world. The length of the tunnel is 133 meters, 66.5 meters of the fresh water tunnel and 66.5 meters of the sea tunnel.
- The fresh water tunnel is the longest in the world.
- There is auto-walking way on length of 230 meters to link between the fresh water tunnel and the sea tunnel.
- The tunnel material is acrylic which thickness is 5.5 cm. and the thickness of acrylic ata panoramic screen is 15 cm.
- The Acrylic in the tunnel is a concave lens, so can depict the fish smaller than the actual 30%.
- The acrylic at the exhibition areas such as Milkfish tank, Nemo tank, Threadfin tank, is a convex lens, so can depict the fish larger than the actual 30%.
- The acrylic at the panorama screen is a normal lens, so can depict the fish as a real size.